Subject: [Leica] Arbus
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 00:54:38 -0400

I really don't know about this!!!
Arbus had worked for Avedon and other people.
Her husband was a photographer who shot sheet film.
She knew about medium format it was the standard.
I'm looking to see who wrote this thing and cant find it on the site or if
they are quoting Arbus or not.
Because I don't think it would be much about grain.
Its about image richness the fact that your not spreading an image too thin;
And also square format.
And the size of the camera and the authority it brings to a shoot.

This grain thing being a mask I'd like to see where that comes from if its
from Arbus or some guy making stuff up as it sounds like BS to me.

Mark William Rabiner