Subject: [Leica] Old Leica equipment for sale
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:18:41 -0700

$30 for the lot. Film camera sales are down and please sell them to
me thanks. I will fly to meet you and have $30 cash

"good" is the key

M3 and M4 cameras are among the most desirable of the "common" Leica
rangefinders.

Collectors will pay a huge premium for cameras and lenses in mint
(new) condition in original boxes with tags and papers.

Because they were desired an d"dear" (expensive) Leicas of this
vintage were generally well used by their owners...

Unless maltreated they have lots of life left but...

They may have marks on the top where the meter attached, marks on the
baseplate, chips in the black leatherette ("Vulcanite") covering
where the baseplate attaches, rub marks where the strap lugs are...

They are of limited interest to collectors but huge interest to that
(admittedly smaller) group that shoots film

In Portland we have several good stores (www.bluemooncamera.com among
others)

Jake and others locally are selling cameras for about what is listed
(these are asking prices the economy and digital being what they are...)

Yours may be worth more o less

(and if you want to whole sale the lot I shoot Leica and would love it)