Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:07:35 -0400

Well before there was a vanity press a new thing I guess there were regular
printing presses where you'd have your book printed like all the other books
they were not inkjet. But you paid for it yourself. And figured out how to
get it distributed. That may have been the hard part.
Yes they were called "vanity" press and were not looked highly upon by the
publishing people. You'd not find them in the Library of Congress. They'd
not win the National Book award.
Oprah never heard of them.

Ana?s Nin started out this way nobody would published her work so she ran
them off herself for years. I picture her with a hand crank but I don't
know.

Nobody would record Blossom Dearie;
So She started her own recording company to alleviate that issue.
Sooner or later she caught on.

But these people had to be published or recorded by others before the became
who they were. Said "artist" on their drivers license I think.
Real small. In the bottom right corner.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Nathan's Book List)