Subject: [Leica] Cobras in the suburbs
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 20:37:36 -0500

Unless I missed something in this thread, this looks to me like life
imitating art; anyone read Carl Hiaasen's book, "Stormy Weather?"
a send-up of, yes, Hurricane Andrew.

Amidst the havoc wreaked by the hurricane, are the critters that
escaped from a wild/exotic animal farm. The late owner's nephew, while
musing about whether to search for them or notify authorities, muses
along the following lines (not verbatim, though in quotes):

"Don't a Cape Buffalo and Gabon Viper have as much natural right to
life in Florida as retired plumbers from Brooklyn?"

Good read if you're not too busy shooting.

Greg Rubenstein