Subject: [Leica] Photoshop and London Daily Mirror Examples
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:55:16 -0500

Interesting examples, Philip Clarke, and thank you for sharing. Some
funny stuff there. I think all are acceptable as presented. Why?
They're CLEARLY parody, editorial comment and illustrations of
speculation.

The water gets muddy when manipulated pictures -- Photoshop or wet
darkroom -- are displayed as straight representations of the news. We
all know that photographs are points of view. In the news
presentations, at least, we give them the benefit of believing they
are true and honest representations of an event.

Photoshop is a great tool. Darkroom manipulation is a great skill. And
both have their places and proper uses.

Greg Rubenstein