Subject: [Leica] B&W on M8.2...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 13:29:46 -0400

Sorry my apparent annoyance annoys you Craig.
The experience of everyone on this list every day and everyone in the world
is that Raw make for much better image making but you come on and say you
know two top pros who say there isn't much difference and you're annoyed I
sound annoyed!
Obviously photographers shooting breaking News shoot jpg's.
Which is why I said "shooting what?" on my question to you.

I just sat in a Barns and Noble in Lincoln Square watching a dozen AP
shooters crowded into a corner with their laptops (none Mac) firing in the
shots they'd just shot of movie stars going into a benefit they sure were
not going through any Raw routine nor were they in any way modifying the
images, cropping or lightening they'd shot they were picking out the shots
they wanted and firing them in as is. Right out of the camera.
I should have asked one when last time they shot Raw;
The answer might have been "medium rare please".

Mark William Rabiner