Subject: [Leica] M7 assembly - filmed on a factory tour
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 06:08:03 +1000

Bruce the background is that a baseless rumour arose on the L Camera Forum
tht production of film M's had actually ceased (Leica monitors that forum to
some degree for trends and information, although it is run
independently). This followed the official announcement of the end of
production for the current R range. The production manager volunteered to
allow members to visit inside their clean room and see for themselves. Of
course the offer was greatly oversubscribed. The compromise was to have the
lucky visitors film as they want and share.
Remeber Leica does not fund or control that forum.
I'm actually visiting there in a few weeks amd the Leica Akadamie has
offered a special tour day since the facilities will actually be closed due
to public holiday during the official forum meetings/workshops. Cool! I hope
to take my M8 where I can and shall share photos here.
.

--
Cheers
Geoff