Subject: [Leica] IMG: May Day in Alicante
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FŽelix L—opez de Maturana)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 12:49:20 +0200

> I went to the main May Day demonstration on Friday, arranged by the
> two main trade unions. Partly because I expected it to provide photo
> opportunities, partly because I was curious to see how the current
> crisis would be reflected in the event, and partly because I am the
> son and grandson of Social Democrats and so feel a certain affinity
> with the labour movement.
>
> The atmosphere was friendly and good-natured, nothing like the riots
> seen in Germany or France. Maybe it is the more laid-back Spanish
> lifestyle, maybe it is the good weather, maybe it is the prospect of
> tapas and beer afterwards. In any event, the pictures are here:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/8091045_EaNTu#527238394_Le88C

> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman

Demagoguery from the "Partido comunista espa?ol" as the message says
"The crisis has to be paid by rich people". This political group has
very minor weight in political Spanish panorama dominated by two main
groups one rather conservative and the other similar to to a labour
party. If the crisis was probably started -not produced- by unfair
financial people behaviour has to be overcome by the effort of *everybody*.

I like your image Nthan but perhaps it could have been stronger with a
more defocused background.

Warm regards.

Felix