Subject: [Leica] Some days are just Happy!
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 22:28:59 +0800

Hi Luggers,
I have been very disappointed with the back focus of my 90mm Summicron
APO on the M8.
I have had the lens to the Leica distributor and was told it would
have to go to Solms - a visit to Germany of a minimum of several weeks
and a cost of perhaps $200 - 300 to fix.
That made me think perhaps the best course of action would be to sell
the lens as others have done.
This didn't feel right to me so I canvassed the local Leica lovers for
a local repair shop and was sent by Ray T. (thank you Ray!) to Mr. Lo
at Professional Camera Repair in Kowloon.

In two days and for HK$500 (US$64) Mr. Lo adjusted the 'Cron to focus
exactly on my M8. I picked the lens up today and it is a Happy Day!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/L9995688MrLocsBWw.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/ck53gf

This is the first picture taken with the adjusted lens on my M8. It is
of the impressive Mr. Lo.

And here a couple of wind blown hours later is a picture of me taken
with the 90mm by Wendy, the manager of
Miramar Camera, my favourite camera shop in Hong Kong.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/HCBWw.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/c5smw4

C&C always welcome,
Cheers