Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bleeding Hearts
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:57:11 -0400

Tina,

Thank you for looking. I am almost ashamed to tell you how I made
this picture. A week ago Saturday I was working in my wife's garden I
had the strap of my gadget bag hanging from one finger of my left
hand  and I had my DX2 hanging from another finger on the same hand.
(Yes, I know better!) I wanted to set my gadget bag down so I could
take a picture. I let go with the wrong finger and watched in horror
as my DX2 did a slow summersault in the air and headed for the for
the center of the earth. It landed sack on the top deck. It could
have landed on the lawn, or the flag stone at the end of the patio.
As they say in math books, I will leave it is as an exercise to be
completed by the reader to work out where it landed. I took it down
to the local camera store to get sent to the fix it place. While I
was there they had Fuji S2 for cheap which I bought to tide me over.
I used the Fuji S2 and my nikon 18-200 mm zoom to take the picture.

That's not the end of the story. The camera was old, and I got
worried that it wouldn't hold up, so I returned it, even after taking
six or seven really nice pictures with it. Did I tell you that I am
going to call my autobiography, "The Joy of a Single Digit IQ." Yup,
that wold be me! :-)

Barney