Subject: [Leica] Which 50mm lens is "most like the 75mm Summilux
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:09:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>wrote:

>For Leica M street shooting I strongly recommend shooting Fuji or Kodak PRO
>800 color neg film in cellophane packs of 10 or 20 respectively its well
>worth the extra few bucks.

>Walking around shooting with 160 film I know its not uncommon for these guys
>here but I really hate to see it.

> At those speeds you might as well shoot chrome films and really
>give yourself a hard time.
I guess I like a hard time.  Lately, I've pretty much standardized on FP4 as
my usual
film, and when I want color, I'll use Kodachrome 64.  With the horizontal
cloth shutter
of my M's and IIIf, the lower ISO lets me use my preferred lens openings.
Most of my
pictures are probably shot wider than f/5.6.  When I first got my M3, my
favorite film
was Panatomic-X.  I even used to shoot assignments at work with it.  Still
miss it.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee