Subject: [Leica] Which 50mm lens is "most like the 75mm Summilux f1.4"?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:08:44 -0400

I'd think a 75 could be held off when you put a 50 on a crop digital camera
that's what you get! A fast light sharp optic with some real reach.
66.5 mm's is what it comes out to be. Not quite 75 but its the thought that
counts!
As lots of people think of a 50 on an M as their optic with reach for
portraits not rooms you're still ahead of the game with no longer than 50 mm
lenes when you multiply it by 1.33.

Also many find working with digital different than film at that with digital
you crop a lot more. I crop like crazy when my ISO's are low enough in ideal
conditions. It becomes less necessary to bring along a lens for reach.

Mark William Rabiner