Subject: [Leica] IMG The blue house...
From: foto at marcdufour.net (Marc Dufour)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:35:26 +0200

Hi Felix,

The same behaviour happens in La Palma island, where there are many
villages, the houses of wich are, each one, painted in a lot of different
colours.
Although the inland villages are also like that, it seems a rest of and old
fishermen habit, painting their houses with different and vivid colours, to
identify them more easily from the sea, coming back to the port.
In the frontline of Santa Cruz de la La Palma, some beautiful and well
preserved houses keep this habit. I shall upload some pictures, soon.
It's interesting to watch this same habits in so distant places.
Cheers,
Marc