Subject: [Leica] Partly OT Leica and Bessa cameras
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:47:31 +1000

Two emails today, one from my Leica dealer with the product announcement of
the white M8 and one from the Voigtlander distributor for Australia, who
runs a business completely dedicated to film cameras.

I was about to be appalled by the albino M8, however it looks surprisingly
smart. Not practical by rather attractive. Kind of like having Angelina
Jolie in white mink as your girlfriend. One neat touch (on the M8, not
Angelina) is that it has a matching white old style vented hood on the
matching Elmarit M 28. Anyway I hope that collectors snap them up and put
their money in Leica's coffers. Are you out there Vick? Wanna see some
pretty pictures?

The Voigtlander Bessa III stocks are due in Australia in June and the price
is now fixed at AUD 3250 which is about USD 2300 on today's exchange rate.
Considering our dollar here has devalued against the Yen by about 40% in
recent times, I guess it could have been much worse.
Hardly cheap of course and only for the dedicated. Our Voigtlander guy is
making one available for a nominal amount for 2 weeks each as it goes on
tour around the country here. Kudos to him for that initiative. I've applied
for a spot.

In other sadder news, my local dealer has just told me that my M7 has been
sold. Sob. I have seller's remorse already. I need to buy something else
with a red dot on it immediately.

--
Cheers
Geoff