Subject: [Leica] Photoshop vs Journalism
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:53:27 -0700

Tina offered:

>>LUG:

More Photoshop news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susan-moeller/media-literacy-101-the-et_b_1894
88.html

>>Nobody will ever believe photographs again.<<<

Hi Tina,

Given today the lack of ethics and honour in the over all societies of the
world this isn't a surprise. This manipulation of the President for no other
reason than purely the "SAKE OF MAKING MONEY WITHOUT HONOUR!"  Only
magnifies what we've seen and happen in the lack of ethics and honour, not
to forget "GREEDY SOB's"   in the money world and crises of today's
humanity!

Greedy people are running the world and oh boy have they done a great job!
:-(  No different than these lousy cheating two bit magazine photo
manipulating SOB's. I believe there is a saying. "there is no honour among
thieves!"  Now we can add "there certainly is no honour between PhotoShop
manipulators who use it for this type of nonsense."

This type of action by greedy editors and their brainless lemming followers
pulls those of us who've stood by the "Honour of being a photojournalist
meant telling the and showing the truth in our photographs!"  Where
Photoshop is a "dark-lightroom" wonderful tool to improve certain
situations, it doesn't mean "you create what isn't there as this magazine
cover of the President has!"

OK rant off because there will be those who will stand by the usual "right
to do whatever it is in the name of "Freedom of the Press and all that inane
B.s . t!"

Now I'm off to the gym for an hour or so to work off my rage and anger about
these bloody SOB's who've shanghaied our photo position as honourable
photojournalists.

Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Photoshop vs Journalism)