Subject: [Leica] IMG: Follow-up with Examples of Direct-Positive Photos
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:41:03 -0500

I have had a couple of questions about the process used in the
Direct-Positive photo booth in the 1930s, and realize that few are familiar
with this process. I searched for a couple of examples that I could share.
You must realize that these are seventy-year-old images, and originally sold
"4 for a dime".

The photographer, posing for a camera checkout:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Herb+01.jpg.html

The photographer's son, always happy to pose:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gene+01.jpg.html

These are shown in actual size. The first photo was sharpened slightly, but
I decided to post the second one with no help at all from PhotoShop.

Comments are welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA