Subject: [Leica] Pictures from an exhibition
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:20:02 +0200

I should probably explain.

These are the tiff:s after they have been 1) resized and 2) sharpened
for printing ...

At the time I was printing with Paul Roarke's process for MIS
Associate's carbon pigment (black) inks and an Epson printer.

I didn't want to lock the tiffs into that particular setup, so There
was one more step before the actual prints were made. I would load
them into Photoshop and apply a customized curve for Epson Archival
Matte Paper (in this particular case, there were other curves for
Hahnem?hle Photo Rag and yet other curves for paper I didn't consider
using).

When I was goofing around with the Netgear NAS (2 terabyte disks in a
RAID (redundant) configuration) I ran across a directory for
"exhibit".

I just let Lightroom import that directory and upload the selection
directly to my web-server (Lightroom login in and transfers the files
unattended).

So all of the files would have been tweaked a final time before the
actually prints were made. At that point the contrast would have been
finally adjusted and the relevant curves would have been applied. That
wasn't done for this web-upload.

That's also why there are some duplicates. Some of the duplicates were
for the exhibit while the other half was for a little pamphlet
(differently sized tiffs for two different purposes).

The ease of uploading to a server through Lightroom is amazing.

The Nun (from Zimbabwe, not Malawi) is in color. Those didn't need
final curves before printing. Only the black and white shots did.

Most of them can be seen in my previous years' PAW:s, and then, even
with correct contrast and levels. This was just done for the fun of
it. At the time someone asked me if I had the exhibit on-line, and I
didn't. Lightroom wasn't around back then.

Best,
Daniel

PS: Thanks all!