Subject: [Leica] Friday flowers HW pano
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:29:17 -0700

For years I've stood under these or other cherry trees like them
trying to make an image that comes close to the feeling I get looking
up. Wideangle, even fisheye images didn't do it; this one does it
better for me than others I have taken. A slight bit of vertigo is
part of it. In part is is because of the strange shape of the
horizon; an odd hyperboloid rather than any expected shape. I've
taken this shot with a Noblex and with a Roundshot, but in those
cases the horizon was too regular. When I did this I took a number of
different series and this one gave me the horizon line I wanted. CS4
merged them and managed to provide the extra twist.

I've previously found that stitching software does some odd things
with horizons on cylindrical panos.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design