Subject: [Leica] Infrequent printer selection?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 01:45:34 -0400

Its hard to gage feelings like that I think you can count on great
subjectivity and that stuff is real hard to really test f
And room all I hear in several directions is you want the youngest carts
possible and that time spent in sitting in the printer is not good.
You want to use them as soon as their birthday as possible.
Their 0 birthday.
So I would say Don't trust your instincts on this one.
I think I recall people when getting a new printer to run as much stuff as
possible as the carts in there are very possibly a bit too old as they can
sit in stores the printer for far longer than carts on the shelf. And you
can check the dates on them I think to make sure they're young enough for
you.

The R1800 is all about gloss which is not what inkjet printing is all about.
Its not about imitating other processes which do a far better job of
imitating themselves than others do.
Inkjet prints make great looking inkjet prints.
Prints which, uncannily enough, look JUST LIKE inkjet prints.
Pigment on paper period. Rag paper. No fakey coatings.
A slightly moot point as the R1800 R not made any more.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/Landing/CompareR1800R2400.jsp?BV_UseBVCoo
kie=yes
Or
http://tinyurl.com/luo7m