Subject: [Leica] IMG: Just for fun
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:07:01 +0100

IMHO, It needs a rotation half a degree or so counter clockwise, the
original composition had the in focus book title as a focal point (I
confess to turning my laptop upside down to read it), the issue I have
is with the line now leading into coldness, so I'd go for selecting the
area towards the window top right with the magic wand and then
re-balancing the colours if there is enough for photoshop to get a grab
on, it's one of the "issues" with color blancing in that the camera's
gone for tungsten so made the outside blue and cold, the only film that
used to half get it right was Fuji Reala that had a fourth layer in the
emulsion to try and comensate for mixed light sources, going back more
than 10 years and I remember a guy winning the ilford awards for a
picture on cibachrome where he had colour masked every window outside on
an interior shot by holding cut gelatine filters on wires. I'd take the
bookcase down too, although it's quite nice, books in the foreground,
books in the back.

Message from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Just for fun)