Subject: [Leica] IMG: Semana Santa in Alicante
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:41:31 -0700

Nathan Wajsman showed:

>>>I have finally finished editing my photos from the Good Friday and

Easter Sunday processions. The weather was gorgeous both days, which

meant that from a photography point of view it was awful. Bright

sunshine at mid-day means harsh shadows, unflattering harsh light on

people's faces and so on. So please bear with any technical

imperfections you may find. The point of the gallery is to illustrate

how Easter is celebrated in Spain. Very impressive, even to a non-

Christian like me. I have included some explanations in the captions,

more than I normally do:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/7902050_rUG9L#512506083_qRnfh

Hi Nathan,

Wonderful coverage as usual. What I do find interesting is the street lined
with the chairs. Try to imagine this happening in North America. anywhere.
Here it's . "if you want to sit bring yer own chair!" I realize this is a
very special occasion, however who supplied the chairs? Not that it really
matters, I just think its wonderful the locals are so organized they put
chairs out for spectators. Wonderful concept and courtesy!

ted