Subject: [Leica] Ultimate travel Tripod... - not worthy of the Leica item??
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 07:02:22 +0200

Hi Jan,

I realise that my response was a bit flippant, but there was a bit of
truth that you yourself allude to, namely that in many of the places
where you would want to use a tripod it is not permitted anyway. I am
not extremist, and when I was in Poland in December and January, I
wanted to make some long exposures with my M8. So I bought a cheap
tripod (10 Euro!) at a local shop, made my exposures and left it at my
sisters' for possible use on other trips. I also have a nice and heavy
Manfrotto (Bogen in the US) tripod that I keep in the boot of my car
and that comes out once in a blue moon. But the thought of walking
around a European city with a full-size tripod strapped to my camera
bag is, shall we say, not appealing.

I do have a mini tripod in my camera bag, so if I need a long exposure
in a church or similar place, I can usually find a surface other than
the floor on which to place it.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain