Subject: [Leica] Ultimate travel Tripod and matching case case
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 21:14:29 -0700

My 5-year old Bogen is very steady, has a reversible center strut for
macros of flowers, etc. but is far too heavy and bulky for air travel.

For that I use the ErgoPod with my R8/9.  It uses standard screw-in
mounts and rests two short legs on your chest with a third in front,
under the camera body.  You hold the front leg with your left hand
(assuming the shutter release is on the right).  They are made in
Finland.

They can be "flipped" and used with built-in grooves to fit a car
window.  Just roll the window up/down until the viewfinder is level to
your pupil.  As steady as your car or truck, depending on wind
velocity - and other passengers staying still for the shot.

They fold up to a reasonably compact size.

Mine gains a little attention from airport security (is it a
collapsible stock for an Uzi or a Mac10?.....) but has never been
pulled from the bag.

It's especially useful when shooting with the Vario 70-180 APO and a
Motor Drive, believe me.  I can imagine it would work well with the
DMR as well.

Bob

Depending on conditions and how well you control your breathing before
enggin