Subject: [Leica] Quechua Boy
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:09:46 +1000

Tina obviously your Summilux is working extremely well in your hands! If you
need the 1.4 and don't mind the lens size you already have your perfect
lens. Most especially if it focuses for you exactly where you want it. More
than that, many Leica folks prefer the smoother more traditional Leica look
it brings.
The Summicron, as is probably known is one of my two favourite lenses and
technically the very best 75. The single biggest factor for me though is not
its form factor but its focus accuracy.

If you want more compact, I'll be devil's advocate and say consider getting
the little Summarit 90(!) and keep your Summilux. The Summarits seem to pop
up considerably discounted. They are all tiny packages and the reviews are
great. Of course if you were considering a compact 90 then the Elmarit can
be a real bargain. There you go, I've overfilled your bag and emptied your
wallet!