Subject: [Leica] IMG Giants
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:01:26 +0200

Hi Felix,

I think very interesting this p?sting to document a tradition, as far
as I know, only from Spain. I've heard the origin was after the feudal
times, contrasting the people and the powerful men.

Maybe this tradition exist too in South America (Spanish culture
influence), and I don't know if in other countries of the South of
Europe. Somebody has posted pictures of the "Morris Dance" (in U.K. or
Scotland), when I've saw the pictures I said this was the same dance
as the Catalan ("Ball de bastons" / "Baile de palos o estacas"), and
he explain me that this dance had probaby the same origin, the
original name was "Danza de los moros" derivate in the use to
"Morris"... Do yiu know another interesting history? In London there a
place called "Elephant and Castle", this don't minds anything, in the
place it was a tower where it was prisonnier "El Infante de Castilla",
also a pronunciation derivation.

Thanks for open a window to the world,

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 03/04/2009, a las 15:16, F?elix L?opez de Maturana escribi?: