Subject: [Leica] Interesting reading from Zeiss
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:25:24 +1000

Carl Zeiss infrequently publish a newsletter. The most recent is here:
Camera Lens News No. 31:
http://www.zeiss.com/cln
It includes links to a two part paper on MTF curves that I found to be very
informative. Some of the examples are based around 12 & 24MP sensors, so
that it is clearly recent. Discussions include the effects of focus
accuracy, focus shift and other areas that I have not seen explained in
other explanations for the layman. There are also photos to download to show
particular characteristics against specific curve examples. I think it is
worthy of a read for the technically curious.

--
Cheers
Geoff

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Interesting reading from Zeiss)