Subject: [Leica] IMF The drummer kids
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FŽelix L—opez de Maturana)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:10:20 +0200

In 1802 in the Independence war in Spain English soldiers abandonate my
town San Sebastian in the Basque Country as  French invaders were coming
to take over; however the soldiers (English) put in fire the whole city
before leaving. On the 23rd january -the day of San Seabastian the saint
who gives the name of the ville- there is a "tamborrada" drumm feast
where everybody play drumms wearing soldiers or cooks suits as a
conmmemorative day of this "liberation". In the mornig there is a
special kids "tamborrada" which makes happy the chilfren ?rticipating.

Here is an image of it

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/157920-2/The+drummer+kids.jpg

As always I shall thank your comments and criticism -if any-

Regards.

Felix

Replies: Reply from grdalton at hotmail.com (Gary Dalton) ([Leica] IMF The drummer kids)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] IMF The drummer kids)