Subject: [Leica] Flash lifespan
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:20:13 -0400

Not and or NAND tunneling.  A functionally complete logical system where
everything is true except two truths.  The quantum effect of two truths
being false.  Only one truth allowed...and it has become cheep!

Flash memory was invented by Dr. Fugio Masuoka while working for Toshiba
1980. According to Toshiba, the name "flash" was suggested by Dr. Masuoka's
colleague, Mr. Shoji Ariizumi, because the erasure process of the memory
contents reminded him of a flash camera.

At 01:25 PM 3/27/2009, you wrote:
>A quick check with B&H and the price point is now at least at the 4 gig
>card's which go for 10 bucks, 7 bucks the 2 gig cards go for.
>A 3 buck difference.
>5 for the 1 gigs, only for babies..
>And 18 for the 8's.
>Which I use now.
>Having turned 18 last Thursday
>

>A person could get an 8 gig and upload to your computer every December
>solace and not loose any info I'm  sure.
>
>At least get the 4 gig for ten measly bucks.
>
>I've had stuff in the camera I don't use for many months and everything is
>fine. When I finial take the stuff out.
>I just don't recognize any of it.
>And think somebody else shot it.
>As in they sneak in here in my sleep and borrow my camera.
>

>My point is they make these cards before breakfast.
>They've got them down. No foolin around..
>Very competitive.
>They just work. Even the cheapest ones.
>Which are the ones I think I tend to get.
>

>Mark William Rabiner
>

> > From: "H. Ball Arche" <h_arche at yahoo.com>
> > Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
> > To: <lug at leica-users.org>
> > Subject: [Leica] Flash lifespan
> >

> > This has probably come up before so I apologize for needing a
> reiteration, but
> > how long can an SD card hold its data without deteriorating?
> >
> > A 2 gig card will hold more pictures than the amount of film I'd shoot
> > on a
> > given day, and now definitely costs less, but what are it archival
> properties?

Chris Saganich MS, CPH
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018 at med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964