Subject: [Leica] SUPER-ELMAR :)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:24:23 -0400

They need to get someone in the Leica Marketing development section what
ever they call it who was born before the Beatles broke up or had actually
done their homework and inundated themselves, like many of us on the LUG,
with Leica history.

SUPER-ELMAR!! :)

ELMAR is an unpretentious though nothing to be embarrassed about Leica
historic name.
Putting "Super" in front of it cracks me up every time I see it.
Like
Mickey the Merciless
Mighty Mouse
Its a combination of opposites. Don't know what they call it in Grammer.
I call it "funny".

ELMAR Fud

If an Elmar, also is typically a 3.5 then a 3.8 Elmar is the opposite of
super. Its a kinder gentler Elmar.

But it could be an f4 as far as I care I'd LOVE to be shooting with one:

"The LEICA SUPER-ELMAR-M 18 mm f/3.8 ASPH. will help you capture the
expansiveness.....

Mark William Rabiner