Subject: [Leica] Soft release
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:20:36 -0500

Hi Larry,

Thanks for looking.  I have never had a need to disassemble my soft release,
but I could tell the spring was there.

The external threads on the IIIa and IIIf don't appear to be identical, and,
at first, I could not get the soft release to screw far enough down on the
IIIf.  However, after some persistance, it finally made it.  The heightened
release position works great for me.  The only down side is that you can no
longer see the dimple of the original button which shows that the film
rewind is going smoothly.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA