Subject: [Leica] IMG:Re: Even more Adelaide photos from Brian's visit
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:35:56 +1000

Glad you liked that one. Those guys were a lot of fun.
On the soft release buttons, I do find mine useful. Certainly not everyone
likes them. 2 variants, dished or domed, dependant on whether you depress
the release with your finger tip or the joint of your finger.
The M7 and M8 have a staged release, different to your earlier cameras.
Meter on---exposure lock----release. I often find exposure lock useful. I
feel that point of the movement distinctly, even with the soft release. The
dome helps me to reduce the camera movement on release and works better for
me curling my finger joint over the (now higher) release button. I'll take
every assistance to reduce camera movement I can get.  To use the firearms
analogy you getter a better surprise break on the trigger. Apart from the
stages (that you don't have) you are instinctively doing the same thing by
feeling the surround as you take up the pressure on your shutter release.