Subject: [Leica] 2008 LUG Yearbook Donation to Project H.O.M.E.
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:11:34 -0400

As many of you are aware, the LUG Yearbook has a charitable purpose as well
as an aesthetic mission.  Each copy of the book includes a $5 surcharge,
with the net proceeds of the surcharge going to Project H.O.M.E., an
organization in Philadelphia that provides shelter, medical care, and
vocational training to homeless individuals.

The 2008 yearbook sold more than 90 copies during the first (and, with
blurb.com, usually the only) royalty check payment period.  After
blurb.com's deductions for the Commission Junction service, we were left
with a net donation of $412.05.

I forwarded payment to Project H.O.M.E. last week, and just received an
acknowledgement letter in today's mail.  In addition to the usual thank-you
text, there was the following handwritten note:

To Jim and the Leica Users Group-

We cannot thank you enough for thinking of us.  It is truly wonderful that
you are donating the surcharge of the Leica Users Group Yearbook!  This will
make a real difference in our programs.

Best,

Karen [Brooks, Manager of Annual Giving and Special Events]

So there you have it!  We can celebrate our own work, while making a real
difference in people's lives.

Now start shooting for the 2009 Yearbook!  Spring's here, for goodness
sakes!

Best,
Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA