Subject: [Leica] Appeal from FotoKids aka "The Dump Kids"
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 07:04:26 +0000

Some of you on here will remember the appeal for help from Nancy
McGirr for help for a group of children learning photography in
Guatemala to lift them out of the cycle of a desperate life living on
the rubbish dumps of that city. Times have moved on since then and
some have gone on to University etc. and are now contributing in their
own right to the charity that got them started. Now operating in 6
centres, the charity is holding a week-long workshop in the country,
and I have received the following appeal to anyone who can give up a
few days to help:

We are looking for adventurous, open minded people with big hearts,
and relevant professional skills in the creative industry.

"Here's a list of the types of skills and professional backgrounds
we're looking for
        ? designers,
        ? illustrators,
        ? animators,
        ? web developers,
        ? photographers
        ? copy writers
        ? marketing
        ? advertising
        ? public relations
        ? agency project management
        ? pre-press professionals
        ? advanced users of adobe software such as Photoshop, Lightroom,
Illustrator, InDesign
We have room for 3 more individuals, so please spread the word. Anyone
with any one of the above mentioned skills or professional background
interested in sharing their knowledge while having a great travel
experience would be welcome.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Jeff Speigner
jeffspeigner at comcast.com"

I cannot get there because of various difficulties, not helped by the
fact that I am in the UK. However, if anyone else feels they can put
something back in to the world Jeff would be delighted to hear from you.

Gerry
Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076
Web: www.gerrywalden.co.uk