Subject: [Leica] death of R ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:39:52 -0500

I also beg to differ.

We have a Schneider lens for Nikon
The Schneider Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 PC Super-Angulon Manual Focus SLR Lens
for Nikon for two grand.

We have Cosina lenes for Nikon.
Very nice ones. They say Zeiss on them.

I'm much more found of Leica glass than Cosina Zeiss glass or Nikon glass.
Schneider wide angle glass though I don't view as sitting below Leica.
No small reason Leica enlisted Schneider on their latest over the top 19 I
think it was for the R. they didn't get along I turned out.
They had me at Super-Angulon. I may get one for my M or IIIF. A 21SA.

I'm more fond of the Nikon DSLR than the Leica DSLR.

As Leica does not have a DSLR.
If they did I'd be wanting to use it.
I don't see one coming any time soon and when it comes out I don't know
whose going to get it not certainly me.

I'm not sure I've ever bought this thing on the technology on the S not
being last time as it's going to apply to the R.

I think the best way to make a DSLR for the R would be to make a DSLR for
the R. If that was ever going to happen.

There's a lot of stupendous R glass out there now. Much of it you can get
for a SONG.

Mark William Rabiner