Subject: [Leica] M8 upgrade video link
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:23:27 -0600

Many of your questions
have yet to be answered.

I have the impression
that the current gallery/print market
is still feeling its way through the digital age.

Without doubt some high profile photo journalists
have found digital print collectors.

To achieve this status they must usually fulfill the following criteria:
        1) Museum recognition
        2) High profile international publication
        3) Critical acclaim in several high profile critical journals
        4) Collectors

Most "galleries" dealing in photographic prints
deal with "art photography" rather than documentary or journalism;
which requires similar criteria.

The more contemporary galleries certainly deal with digital prints.
Other more traditional galleries deal only in silver, platinum or
other traditional printing mediums.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com