Subject: [Leica] M8 upgrade video link
From: s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:04:42 -0500

Thanks Tina and Doug for your comments. I agree on your comments.

I think, too, what I was questioning for photojournalists work and am
wondering is if a film print has a perceived higher value in some way, to
hang in a gallery from the work of a noted photojournalist or "noted
photographer artist." I would assume most people viewing cannot tell the
difference?? But I have seen very large prints hung from digital that to me,
blow away large film developed prints. But I wondered from the standpoint of
a prestigious gallery and a noted photojournalist, if indeed, the "craft" to
produce the work means more to a collector or in general, than having the
work printed on an inkjet printer of some sort. If Cartier Bresson's work
was printed on inkjet printers instead of being hand printed for example,
would that make a difference in the future value of the work?? Or is that
something that we just don't know at this stage of the digital realm?

Thanks again for your comments.

Scott

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] M8 upgrade video link)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 upgrade video link)