Subject: [Leica] Rewinding M6 without "R"-switch.
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 06:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

If, as Ric said and the sprocket holes ripped out, you might want to be
pretty careful about getting any debris out of the film chamber. You
definitely don't want to have small chips of film floating around where they
make work their way into the shutter mechanism.

Teaching high school students who have never shot film before, I often see
both the torn-film and ripped-sprocket scenario. With some cameras, the
pressure of rewinding against a still-locked sprocket shaft can damage the
mechanism, but the M is pretty stout (that's why we love'em) and can stand
it.