Subject: [Leica] WTB Leitz NY Flashgun 1947
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Feb 27 08:20:41 2009

Andrew,

I can't be sure of all of the Leica alphabet soup, but I have a flashgun and
baseplate that were a part of my Leica IIIa when I bought it in 1952.  I
used it with flashbulbs in my early photo endeavors and it worked fine.
However, I was told that each unit is matched to the camera on which it was
installed.  The baseplate, if I recall correctly, bears the serial number of
the camera to which it was matched.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA