Subject: [Leica] Belated thank you (re. "my mother is gone")
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Feb 21 21:58:16 2009

LUG:  I've mostly been off the list for several weeks, dealing with the
aftermath of my mother's death.  Things are slowly getting back to
normal.  There's still much to do, but soon I will be able to deal with the
boxes, the knickknacks, the letters, etc. on my schedule rather than under
deadlines for vacating her apartment, taking care of financial matters, etc.

I want to thank the many people who sent me condolences.  There were far
too many to answer individually.  Please know that I read and appreciated
all of them.

I haven't taken any pictures in the last few weeks.  Didn't want to. There
will be a much-needed vacation in a warm place soon.  I intend to get my
shutter button unstuck then.

Meanwhile, I've upgraded my home DSL Internet connection from 256K to 1.5M,
keeping the same ISP.  My email and web site addresses remain the
same.  Now I will be able to download your pictures faster.  I looked at
Nathan's large "Four Countries" page this morning, and didn't need to go
get a cup of tea while the pictures loaded. Nice.

--Peter