Subject: [Leica] dlux4 anyone?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Feb 21 18:42:34 2009

I'm very familiar with the Dlux 3 which goes to 28mm instead of 24mm and is
more telescopic than the Dlux 4.
Its sensor is bigger than other such point and shoots because when you shoot
16:9  as everyone seems to want to do with the camera
(high-definition television and European digital television)
You get a bit of a bigger format. You're not cropping to get it you're
stretching.
But even 400 on the Dlux 3 was iffy the secret ingredient being the anti
vibration feature which makes low ISO 100 even shooting viable in low light.
So you may not even need 400.
Forgot 1600 the chip is as big as your fingernail.
But in this case a fingernail grown out a bit.
Like Harvey Keitel in Taxi Driver.

These are elegant cameras I love them...
Wish you could put an M lens on the front of one.
And of course have a larger format. At least APS-2.

Mark William Rabiner