Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu Feb 19 16:03:47 2009

So how do you handle the idea that Lightroom changes are non-destructive and
if you save the original, none of the changes are saved when you backup your
files?  Do you export them as Tiff?  Do you backup the Lightroom catalog in
the hopes that 10 years down the road you will able to read the catalog and
see all the changes you made when you developed your photos?  I have been
pondering this for quite some time as I like Lightroom, but I am not sure
how to archive my images.  I guess I could just archive the originals and
then if I need them again make the changes again.  Kind of like interpreting
a negative differently every time you print it.

Aram

Replies: Reply from Clive at moss.net (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Re: Advice needed)