Subject: [Leica] Facebook
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Feb 15 22:55:19 2009

I find Facebook very useful for keeping in touch with my son in
England. Within 24 hours of his return from a weeklong skiing trip to
Val d'Isere, I could look at 60 pictures posted by one of his friends
(the number of empty bottles was truly impressive, but then again
there were 5 of them :-)). The nice thing about Facebook is that it is
all with his consent, as is the case with all other friends. I have
used it to reconnect with people with whom I had lost contacts years
ago, and in all cases these are people that I DO want to be in touch
with.  I do not use my last name on Facebook, so I am not particularly
easy to find, which is fine.

LinkedIn is also good for business-oriented stuff, and I used it a lot
when I was in the rat race, both to find leads and to recruit people.
Now I am a civil servant and so have much less need for this, but I
still use LinkedIn when I can help someone else. Just this weekend I
wrote a recommendation for an ex-colleague who is looking for a job.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.nathanfoto.com

Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog

On Feb 14, 2009, at 12:25 AM, Lluis Ripoll wrote:

> Personnally I don't like facebook, neither the social networks, IMO
> you can loss very eassily your privacy ab?nd we never know who can
> use and with which intentions such informations. I don't need
> Facebook to contact my friends, one of the age priviliges is for me
> choose my friends.
>
> I hope you understand what I mind as nathing incorrect or anti-
> social, this is not the problem.
>
> Saludos cordiales
> Lluis
>

> El 14/02/2009, a las 0:06, Harrison McClary escribi?:
>
>> Yeah...I signed up a few weeks ago and am having a blast.  I have
>> gotten back in touch with a lot of the folks I used to work with in
>> Atlanta that I have not talked to in over 10 years.
>>

>> On 2/13/09 8:53 AM, John Payne wrote:
>>> Anyone out there who has a Facebook page??
>>> I've found it a great way to keep in contact or renew contact with
>>> many
>>> friends.