Subject: [Leica] my first Leica
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat Feb 14 23:02:09 2009

WRT Leica; I started out with an R8 in 1999 and 35-70/4 lens and worked my
way back to a 1955 IIIF and LTM lenses back to 1948.

First M camera was a 3 lug M5 purchased LNIB in the year 2000.

Still no M8 as it seems to be the wrong direction for me so far.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada> From: stasys1@cox.net> Subject: Re: [Leica] my first Leica>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:52:01 -0800> To: lug@leica-users.org> > > On Feb
14, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Barney Quinn wrote:> > >> > Brian,> >> > How well I
remember Industrial Photo. Unfortunately they went out of > > business some
years ago, a victim of the switch from silver to > > digital.> >> > I got my
first two Leicas about the same time you did. My friend Alan > > Wurzbach's
Dad had been stationed in Germany at the end of World War > > II. He came
back to the us with what I think are two IIIc's I think. > > When they were
cleaning out his Dad's house he sold me the collection > > for $125. I still
have them. They still work just fine. They live in > > my closet next to a
pair of antique Plath sextants.> >> > Barney> >> >> > Barney Quinn, WK3Z> >
C: (301) 654-0938> > H: (301) 654-0938> >> > -----Original Message-----> >
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>> > Sent: Saturday, February
14, 2009 6:06 PM> > To: LUG@leica-users.org <LUG@leica-users.org>> >
Subject: [Leica] my first Leica> >> > It was 40 years ago today that I got
my first Leica.> >> > My friend (and boss) David Labovitz mentioned to me
that he'd seen a > > decent selection of used Leicas at Industrial Photo in
Silver Spring, > > Maryland. I went in on Friday, 14 February, 1969 just
minutes after > > retiring photographer from the Baltimore Sun had put up
his IIIf kit > > on consignment. I bought the whole thing (body, 3 lenses, 3
finders, 3 > > metal lens caps, leather case) and have had it ever since. He
was its > > first owner and I am its second.> >> > I mostly use my M8 these
days, but the IIIf is still a damn fine > > camera.> >> >> >