Subject: [Leica] OT Audio Question: Source for Tubes?
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat Feb 14 22:47:44 2009

topoxforddoc@btinternet.com writes:> Greg,> > Not sure off hand which KT88
is best. I use KT66s in my Quad IIs - > only NOS GEC KT66 for me. At least
they're affordable - original GEC > KT88s are really scarce and expensive.
I'll have to look up which > modern KT88 is the best sonically.> >
http://www.tubedistinctions.co.uk/kt88.htm> > Here's a pair of EAT tubes -
but ouch! USD899 a matched pair>
http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MHEATKT88\> > I thought my
NOS KT66s were expensive at 150 USD each.  Thanks Charlie. $600 for 4
matched KT88 tubes is expensive. $1,800/4 begins to sound like snake oil.
I'm considering these Chinese sourced tubes from our local supplier:

http://grantfidelity.com/site/Shuguang+Treasure+KT66-Z

But the Russian made (winged C) KT88's look pretty interesting too and for
less money.

Regards,

Greg
Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.