Subject: [Leica] New 18 mm lens
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Feb 14 13:06:23 2009

Henning I agree as well. I will take a bet with anyone right now that it is
suitable for 24x36. As far as I can see, the speculation on this list and
the LUF has all arisen because the dealer's ad where it was effectively
announced early is very brief and happens to only quote view angles for the
M8. I have never read a single word from Leica that they would consider
making any M lenses for less than 24x36. Quite the contrary.
In any event the dimensions that are quoted look very similar to my ZM f/4
18 too. It doesn't look large at all for an 18mm to me. I think its very
likely to be a great addition to the M range and was widely requested in
on-line groups.