Subject: [Leica] Lights and shadows
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Thu Feb 12 14:38:18 2009

I believe that a person (senorita or not) would
detract from the photo. A human figure in the
scene would direct our attention to and, in
effect, stop our gaze there. The photograph would
lose the fluidity which it now has with nowhere
for the eye to permanently stop. Almost every
element of the composition leads the eye to
another part. A wonderful tension gives a balance
between light and dark. In a more subtle
contrast, the overall angular forms have just the
slightest but perfect contrast in the arch of the
door and the curve of the rail going up the
stairs. Interestingly, both those softer
counterparts of the photo are what lead us into
the imagined worlds that the photo hints at.
Lluis, I keep liking this photograph more and
more and would not change a thing!
Gary Todoroff

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Lights and shadows)
Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Lights and shadows)