Subject: IMG: Re: [Leica] IMG: Just One Beer
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun Feb 8 10:40:50 2009

2009-02-08-05:42:35 Geoff Hopkinson:
> Don't make me link to the Westveleteren again.

You are not to torture me with a beer I'm unlikely to get to taste.

> By the way I've tried the delectable Orval as well but I'm not familiar at
> all with Saison Dupont.
> Feel free to enlighten me.

Yum.  A farmhouse-style.  Less apparently sweet, more bready I guess,
than the other Belgians we've been discussing.  An excellent beer to
serve when both good-beer lovers and those who're convinced they don't
like "those fancy beers" are at the table -- because the overall flavor
profile is close enough to the mainstream supermarket lagers that people
who habitually drink those won't get too freaked out, but those whose
palates want more will find subtleties to explore.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) (IMG: Re: [Leica] IMG: Just One Beer)