Subject: [Leica] Re: Simpletech disc drive
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Feb 2 14:35:11 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Leo wrote:

> As far as the western digital, i got one, dropped it about 1 ft and it
> was dead.  I have never had a problem the the simpletech version.  My
> advice, try the simpletech one instead.
>
> http://www.simpletech.com/products/storage/signature-mini

I use the Simpletech drive as well, bought on sale at a local
Staples. It has functioned reliably for three years. Not a single
dropped bit. One peculiarity. Although it is alleged to be powered by
a single USB port, when my 12" PowerMac laptop is running on battery
I need to use the special supplied cable which plugs into two USB
ports. Apparently the power from one USB port is insufficient. I have
no problem powering it from one USB when the laptop power supply is
connected or on any computer plugged into the mains power.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Simpletech disc drive)