Subject: [Leica] IMG: Modern Services, Old Presentation
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 1 21:55:34 2009

Jim,

A few years ago, B. D. Colen offered the following Photoshop steps to
convert digital color to an approximation of Tri-X.  I've been pretty  happy
with
the results:

1) Open File and File>Save-As:

2) Image>Adjustments>Channel Mixer: Red 43%; Blue 33%; Green  24%. Check
"monochrome".

3) Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask: Amount=15; Radius=55;  Threshold=1.

4) Filter>Noise>Add Noise: 4%.

I hope it works for you.

Best Regards,

Ira Silverman
Irvine, CA

On 2/1/2009 Jim Nichols _jhnichols@lighttube.net_
(mailto:jhnichols@lighttube.net)   wrote

I have been looking at various ways to show digital images as  B&W.  Many of
the images I see on the LUG gallery come close  to film images, but I have
not
been getting to that point.  This was  made with my E-510 and Elmarit-R
28/2.8 as a RAW image and converted  to B&W, then sepia, in Elements 6.0.

I know that there are specialty converters available, but have not  tried
them as yet. If anyone has suggestions, please  comment.

One local problem is the haze level and lack of blue sky for  contrast.

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Modern+Services.tif.html_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Modern+Services.tif.html)

Comments  and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN  USA

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
hs%26~ck=anavml)

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Modern Services, Old Presentation)