Subject: [Leica] Focomat Ia Enlarging Lenses: Compatability
From: gonzalel at online.de (Leina Gonzalez)
Date: Thu Jan 29 06:54:25 2009

Hi all,

Well light bulbs aside (I've got plenty of those), Lluis I did buy a
Schneider Componon S 2.8/50; I have it in my hands, a beautiful lens.
(The Focotar is on the way.) Of course, I was eager to try it out and
have found at I am unable to focus; the lighting is even. I did try
every adjustment from the focusing ring, to the lens itself, to
readjusting the enlarger head, and while the image is distinguishable I
cannot focus. Have I made a mistake in assuming that this enlarger can
handle this lens, or have I made a noob mistake? Any advice would be
most appreciated! Thanks! L.

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Focomat Ia Enlarging Lenses: Compatability)